Thursday, November 18, 2010

Today's Project is Brought to You by... The Letter K!




When you have a new baby you know you have to buy clothes, diapers, etc. but the fun holiday stuff completely slipped my mind. I was sitting here thinking about taking out the Christmas boxes and thought my baby girl doesn't have a stocking! So since I'm reeaaally crossing my fingers for a sewing machine for Christmas I decided rather than buying her one of those cute but super expensive ones this year I'm gonna embelish a $2.00 chepo from good 'ol Wally World. Next year, if the Mister has taken my countless hints, I will make our whole family "fancy" coordinating ones.

Here's what I came up with. I freehanded the letter K on paper and cut it out then traced and cut it of some scrap felt I had on hand. Then hand-sewed (which I haven't done since home ec!) it onto the front. I still thought it needed a bit more so I attempted a blanket stitch across the top. Again, don't laugh! I haven't hand-stitched in a LONG time. ;) I was going to make a bow for it but I didn't have any coordinating ribbon at the house so I went to Kensington's closet and found this hello kitty hair bow (which I bought from a boutique) that happened to match perfectly! I stitched a loop with some yarn and attached her hair bow to the top. It's that simple and it only cost me $2.50 to make!

2 comments: